Wednesday, September 17, 2014

L.A., Part IV

Hi!

I miss you guys sooooo much! I can't wait to get home tomorrow night (even if I do get home after you go to sleep). Then I will be home for 3 days. Yay!

Yesterday my friend April gave me a giant tour of the area near my hotel. Our first stop were the canals in an area called Venice. The canals are little rivers that flow through the neighborhoods instead of streets. Everyone has their boat tied up in their front yard.

Next we went to Venice Beach. There is a long boardwalk that runs along the beach, so you can walk without having to walk in the sand. Plus there are little shops all along the boardwalk. We also saw some crazy street performers. There was a group of men doing crazy flips - two of them would build a pyramid, and a third man would jump over and do back flips. It was crazy! This is me on the board walk.

After Venice Beach, we went to Hollywood. Here's one of the stars on the sidewalk.

You can also see the hand prints and foot prints of famous people.

Finally, we ate dinner in an area called Santa Monica. We got food from a Mexican place like islands and sat aside to eat. 

I hope everyone feels better soon and you have a great day tomorrow. Leon and Mike, have fun on your field trip! Natalia, have fun at preschool! And Jewel, just have fun! :)

Love,

Mom

No comments: