Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Things I Loved About Breastfeeding

 
Just a warning - I'm joining in the breastfeeding blog hop again, and the subject says it all!
 
So when I was thinking about the things I loved about breastfeeding, I gotta admit, the first few that popped in my head were totally superficial. And totally true.

1. Getting to eat ANYTHING. I. WANTED. Anytime.

2. Boobs! I had boobs!

3. A built in excuse to sit on the couch watching bad reality TV, reading trashy novels, and skimming TMZ for hours on end.

4. An excuse to hide from people - gotta go feed the baby!

5. No bottles to wash = less work for lazy mama.

6. Exercise? Who needs to exercise? I got my little metabolism booster in my lap. 500 extra calories a day, baby!

But then there were the other benefits. Like getting cuddles from a soft, squishy little one and having a way to calm a baby down on even the worst day and everyone being super healthy. Those were pretty darn great things too.

4 comments:

Sisters 'N Cloth said...

Ha, loved your reasons! Although I have to say, number 2 ended up being a negative for me, since that's not an area I struggle with ;) I do love number 5. I've cared for bottle fed babies before, and the bottles were such. a. pain! Thanks for joining us again at the Hop! ~Melissa

Stef said...

Thanks! And thanks for hosting the blog hop. I love reading everyone's entries.

Anonymous said...

yeah for finally having boobs!!!!!! oh and getting into even a smaller size of jeans than I was in highschool!!!

Stef said...

Awesome on the jeans! Nice work, mama and baby!