Thursday, March 31, 2011

How Many Kids Do We Have???

We went grocery shopping on Sunday morning (yup, same trip as when Ree did her best to pull down my pants), and Jeff loaded the kids into the car while I was in the bathroom with Leon.  When Leon and I emerged from the bathroom, the house was quiet.  I looked around, was pretty sure we had everything, and Leon and I went outside.  Before I climbed into the car I asked Jeff if he had the baby.  He said he thought I had the baby.  Oopsie.  I headed back inside and I didn't spot Natalia in the hall by the front door or in the living room or in any of the other obvious places where she would be before a car trip.  I finally found her sitting quietly in her carseat in our bedroom, looking at the windows.  She was perfectly content and not the least bit concerned that she had nearly been forgotten.  As Jeff pointed out, at least we remembered her before the kids had to ask where 'Talia was.

No comments: