Tuesday, March 29, 2011

They Love Me. They Really Love Me!

They're on to me. At some point, I think it was last Saturday, it became abundantly clear that the kids had all figured it out. Mommy is returning to work. And they are not happy about this at all. They have become clingy little monsters. While part of me is flattered, there is another part of me that is a bit overwhelmed by all of this...love. Michael has stopped sleeping again and is getting up early and taking short naps. Leon just wants "Cuddle!" and is constantly by my side. Natalia wants to nurse or be in the sling or both at all times. Even Ree is trying to attach herself to me. On Sunday morning we went grocery shopping. Yes, the whole family was out and about again. Ree opted to walk with me rather than ride in the cart with the boys. Ree wants to hold hands with me at all times now, even when walking from the couch in our living room to the bathroom. As we were walking down the freezer aisle at the grocery store, Ree decided to stick her hands in my jeans pocket since I was using one hand to hold food and the other to steady Natalia in the sling. This would've been okay except I was wearing maternity pants with an elastic waist, her hand was firmly in my pocket, and at one point I decided to walk when she decided to stay and look at something.  This, of course, resulting in Ree managing to pull my pants partway down.  Thankfully we were the only people on the aisle at that time.  I still walked away murmuring my affirmations that this is all about love. Really it is.

No comments: