Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My New Crush

I have a confession to make.  I love Rachel Ray.  Yes, I know she can be a bit annoying. Okay, she can be really annoying, but her recipes!  Maybe that's it.  I am just in love with her recipes.  (And if we're being totally honest here, some of the things she says do make me smile.  Shhh!  Don't tell.)

Her recipes aren't exactly healthy.  They tend to be heavy on meat, salt, and fat.  However, they are also often loaded with veggies, nearly always use fresh herbs and typically use healthy fats like olive oil and nuts.  Plus she uses all real food.  There aren't a lot of recipes that incorporate Cheez Whiz or Cool Whip (not that I don't have many fond memories of Cool Whip and Jello. They are fabulous.  Cheez Whiz will always scare me).

Most importantly, if I make one of her recipes, my family will eat it.  Last week we went four nights in a row with everyone liking the dinner I made, and most of the meals were Rachel Ray recipes.  I really don't have picky eaters, but getting that much support, meal after meal, is amazing.  That alone could make me swoon.

No comments: