Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Vacation!

We got back from vacation on Monday night. There is so much I want to write about it, but I don't know where to start. I guess I could go with the obvious. We survived. You know how people like to gush about how wonderful there time away was? I promise, you will get none of that here. At least aside from this pic of the boys having "fun" at the zoo.



The cynical part of me wants to say that sums up vacation, but that's not true. There were also times involving significantly more screaming and crying! But, yes, we did have fun at times. And, yes, this trip was hard. Definitely the most difficult one we've ever taken, and I've yet to really figure out why.

Interestingly, I did realize part way through the week that aside from long weekends to visits friends and family, this was the first vacation we have taken just for fun since our honeymoon eight years ago. Every other trip has been to attend a function. We've gone to anniversary parties, several weddings, and birthday parties, but we've never before traveled with the kids just to travel. Perhaps we should keep that in mind in the future.

On the bright side, the kids keep asking when we are going to go on vacation again. They can't wait!

No comments: