Monday, July 9, 2012

Strange Foods

I am used to finding things in strange places. It didn't strike me as odd at all when I walked into the bathroom yesterday and discovered Duplos and a spatula from the kitchen in the bathtub. And when my comb went missing last week, I knew it would show up eventually. I found it at the bottom of the hamper along with a dirty fork while doing laundry. (I was totally disgusted with the fork until it dawned on me there was probably more food on the kids' dirty clothes than on the fork.)

But I was a bit perplexed on Saturday when my grocery list went missing in the middle of Target. I checked the floor around the cart but didn't see it. I asked the kids if they knew what happened to it, and they were clueless. I was a little annoyed. I was only about 2/3 of the way through my shopping trip and I was shopping solo with all four kids, so the list was the key to me actually coming close to purchasing what we needed. I took a deep breath and did the best I could to remember the key items. I resumed shopping, and a couple of minutes later I noticed Natalia was chewing something. I pried her mouth open and aha! There was my list.

I ended up forgetting quite a few things, but I had a good excuse. My baby ate my shopping list.

No comments: