Friday, July 13, 2012

Natalia and Food

Just some random Natalia stories from the past week...

When I got to work this morning, I noticed the muffins I had brought for breakfast were a bit furry. I knew who to thank, and it wasn't the dogs. While I was telling Ree, Leon, and Michael goodbye in their rooms, Natalia had gone into my work bag, opened up the plastic container with the muffins, and had taken them out. When I returned to the kitchen, she greeted me with, "Num-num-num-num-num!" and I found my breakfast on the floor. And apparently I also needed to sweep.

Occasionally I leave the pantry door open while cooking. Natalia has apparently decided to take advantage, and on multiple occasions over the past week, I've found her staggering around the house looking like Jim Morrison with a nice buzz, carrying a bag of Goldfish crackers in one hand while the other hand crams them into her mouth as fast as possible.

Last night when I got back from walking the dogs, I found Natalia chewing on something. I relaxed once I identified it as crackers, but I was curious as to where she got them. I ask her and she disappeared, so I figured she was hiding to eat her snack in peace. A minute or so later she came back, box of Wheat Thins in hand, very proud of herself. She was showing me THAT was where she got her crackers.

Despite all the snacking, at least Natalia knows how to clean up after herself. One day this week I also found her pushing the bottom rack from the dishwasher down the hallway by Ree's room. Apparently she had pulled it out of the dishwasher, and in seeing that it had wheels, she decided to take it for a test drive. She also managed to fully disassemble the silverware basket. Who knew it even came apart?

No comments: