Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Love for Working Mom






The kids all have different ways of dealing with me going to work. Back in January, Leon kept telling me we needed to go back to Disney World or have another baby. Interesting combination. I finally figured out that both were times when I didn't have work and got to stay with the family. I like his three-year-old logic. Last night Leon told me that he wanted Jeff to work and me to stay home. Leon is definitely my mama's boy.

Michael falls apart every Tuesday. EVERY TUESDAY. (I work from home on Mondays.)  He also has mini meltdowns on Sundays when Jeff heads out to watch sports. Michael just wants our whole family to be together. Michael's greatest joy is when we have a "family adventure" and all go somewhere together. It could be something as simple as going to the grocery store or gas station. If Michael had his way, we would both work from home, if at all.

Ree has always been pretty good at dealing with my work schedule, and she seems to enjoy time with both Jeff and me equally. Lately, however, she has been a little needier than usual. I have to watch it or she will completely wear me out on the weekends wanting to do "just one more" activity together. She doesn't want to go to a dance camp this summer because it meets on Monday and that is a "Mom Day." She has also been routinely asking me if I am pregnant in hopes that we will have another baby and I will "get to stay home for 60 days" again.

And then there is Natalia. Tank is so tough, yet so needy. She spent the weekend sleeping in her crib. Me likey. It is nice to be able to roll over in bed instead of sleeping in one position to make sure she is okay. But when she woke up yesterday morning, she looked at Jeff and asked for me. When he said I was at work, she was not a fan and immediately started crying. Although she went to bed in her crib last night, she was in our bed by midnight or one. And there she stayed, making herself cozy.

I am a little sore from our bed mate, and I am guessing Jeff is bruised, but at least I know I am loved by my children.

No comments: