Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh, cool

The boys are currently in one of my very favorite stages of language development.  They are suddenly busting out grown up expressions and using them correctly.  I giggled every time Ree did it.  I knew she didn't really know what she was saying, but she still managed to use phrases appropriately.  Michael is a myna bird, so it's even more exaggerated with him.

Part of the humor (to me at least) is he uses so many of my expressions.  The other night as I was tucking the boys in, Leon discovered the stuffed baby monkey he sleeps with was missing.  Leon immediately climbed out of bed and began ransacking the house for this monkey that is approximately 1" wide and 2" long.  Michael wanted to know what was going on, so I told him that Leon had the mommy monkey but not the baby monkey.  Michael's face indicated he was clearly concerned, and he said most seriously, "That's not good."

And, really, both boys have their moments.  Like at dinner last night when I took their plates into the kitchen to get seconds.  I asked Michael if he needed more baked beans, and he replied, "I sure do."  Meanwhile, I went ahead and refilled Leon's plate without asking.  When I got back to the table I said, "I got you more peppers, onions, and mushrooms."  He simply replied, "Oh, cool."

No comments: