Monday, October 24, 2011

Bedmaking

My parents came to visit back in the summer, and on the day they arrived, I had to work. We've given up on actually cleaning before guests arrive, but we do at least attempt to straighten the house enough so that there is a path from the front door to the living room.  (What can I say? We are thoughtful!) But, with me at work, that left the straightening and tidying to Jeff who also had to take care of the daily needs of four kids.

When I arrived home from work, I noticed that while our bed was made, the quilt was on inside out. Not a big deal since the bottom is also quilted and a lovely navy blue, and it made me smile. It wasn't until later in the day I found out why it was like that. It wasn't that Jeff was so distracted that he didn't even notice. It turns out Leon had gone in and made the bed himself, including putting the throw pillows on the bed. How could Jeff possibly undue Leon's work when the little guy was so proud of himself for helping to get ready for his grandparents?

I had completely forgotten about this until I went to crawl into bed last night. Again, the bed was made, and I was not responsible. I highly doubted Jeff had taken the time to make the bed on a football day, and as soon as I pulled back the covers, I knew Leon had been helping again. He had pulled up the quilt, but the sheets and blanket underneath were still all tangled. (So, basically, he already has the college style bed making cuz the parents are visiting thing down.) He had the pillows piled up with bed pillows on one side and throw pillows on the other. And if I had any doubt as to who had been in my bed, there was a nice pile of sand all over my side of the bed where he had curled up and gotten cozy, after playing in the sandbox.

No comments: