Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm Still a Little Bit Sleepy

Jeff has always sworn the reason our children get up hours before the sun is to spend time with me before I go to work.  I've had my doubts.  Then yesterday morning, as I was getting ready to walk out the door around 7:00, I heard Ree calling me from her room.  Our conversation:

Ree: Mom?
Me: Yes?
Ree: Can I get up?
Me: Um, yes.  (Why was she asking?  She normally just shows up in the living room carrying her blanket, pillow, and Abby doll.)

I walk over to her room and meet her as she's coming out.

Ree: Why are you in your work clothes?
Me: I have to go to work.  I have one more day of work this week.
Ree: I'm still a little bit sleepy.
Me: Do you want to go back to bed?
Ree: Yes.

And she went back to bed and slept for another hour.

Score one for Jeff.

No comments: