Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful

I love the fact that the kids are still young enough to be completely honest.  It's refreshing and can be highly amusing.  We got to witness it at dinner tonight.

Ree:  Mama, the word of the day on Super Why was "thankful."

Me: Do you know what that means?

Ree: No.  (Which actually probably meant yes, but she didn't want to admit she wasn't COMPLETELY sure.)

Me: "Thankful" means you're really glad for something.  You're happy that you got it or it's part of your life.  I'm thankful for my three fantastic children.

Jeff: I'm thankful for my wonderful wife and my terrific daughter.  (Pause, stare from me.)  And for my two stinky boys.  (Okay, good enough.  This is from the gender that considers "bonding" inflicting bruises upon each other and "sharing" indulging in a belching contest.)

Ree: I'm thankful for my two parents.

Me: Ahh.  Thanks.  Are you thankful for your brothers?

Ree: Noooo! (As though I had just asked the silliest question in the world.)

No comments: