Saturday, December 8, 2012

Her name was Magill, but she called herself Lil...

My kids have really boring names for their stuffed animals. There is no Mr. Snuggles or Sparkly Magic Rainbow Fun Unicorn. Michael has a little beanie baby sized turtle he takes everywhere with him. It's name is Turtle. Natalia sleeps with two baby dolls. She calls one Bay-BEEEE! She calls the other one Other Bay-Bee. At least it's easy to keep track of their names.

On the other hand, it's a little more difficult keeping up with the names of my children. Our youngest son has always been called Michael or Mikey. However, if you attempt to call him either these days, he will tell you, "The name's Mike."

We have always referred to the youngest girl has Natalia or Nati. But last summer she started calling herself Talia. And now it's just Me, ME, MEEE!

Leon actually goes by his own name. Shocking! But he does make me smile. Whenever he gets on the phone with my dad, Leon says, "It's your old pal Leon!" but with Leon's little boy voice and selective use of the letter L, it sounds more like, "It's your ol' pow Wee-on." (I shouldn't mock him, but it's totally adorable.)

And then there is the oldest. Her given name is Rebecca. We have always called her Ree. And now she only answers to Jewel.

I've given up on getting anyone's name right. I am getting pretty good at yelling, "Hey! You!"

No comments: