Friday, December 21, 2012

Still Christmas Concerting

I have a feeling all my posts are going to be really random for awhile. You have been warned! Think of it as an email. Or a rambling conversation with me. It's a nice flashback to the days before I had children when I had time to actually talk other than to say, Get Down! Don't Put That In Your Mouth! Where Are Your Pants??? (We use this one ALL the time.) And my favorite, Be Nice to Each Other! (dang it!).

::::

So I took the boys to the doctor yesterday for their four-year-old checkup. Michael has always been the big, "little" brother, but lately Leon has actually been looking taller. We thought Leon might just need another 'fro cut, but it turns out for the first time ever, Leon is actually taller than Mike. By a whole quarter inch!

::::

While I am sharing stories about Christmas concerts, we went to Ree's today. It was low-key, just all the families crammed into the kids' classroom. And it was perfect. The kids sang a few songs, and then the teacher commanded the parents to dance with their children. (And it was not a choice! It is hard not to love kindergarten teachers. They make me smile!) Afterward, we gorged on cookies. At 10am. Life was good.

I have always sang to Leon and Michael at bedtime, and now that they are sharing a room with Ree, she is part of the sing-a-long fun. I laughed at her concert today because it turns out we've been practicing for her concert every night. (She never wanted to reveal the concert songs.) The girl knows how to multi-task. One of the songs was a choreographed a capella version of Twelve Days of Christmas. The boys and I already knew all the moves.

Of course Leon being Leon, after we sang this each night, his request was for the THIRTEEN Days of Christmas, with Leon's own special additions. The lyrics (for day 13) are:

On the thirteenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
13 giant tickles
12 drummers drumming
11 pipers piping
10 lords a-leaping
9 ladies dancing
8 maids a milking
7 swans a swimming
6 geese a laying
5 Angry Birds
4 calling birds
3 French hens
2 Angry Birds games
and a partridge in an apple tree.

No comments: