Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Concert

Like everyone, we've been soooo busy lately. It's been a long time since I was booked from 6am to 11pm every day. (And I was never on duty all night, every night before!) But we are hanging in there. By 5:00 tomorrow, we will be done with all formal commitments and can kick back and enjoy break. (As the kids keep reminding me, I'll be home for ELEVEN DAYS! I am as excited as they are.)

Forgive my cheesiness (or just ignore me completely) but from now until Christmas, I am going to try to post some of the sights and sounds from Christmas in my house.

Yesterday was Leon and Michael's Christmas concert. All the kids performed at once, and there were about 35 kids on the stage. My little shorties were right in the front row. Michael, Mr. Social, actually just kinda stood there most of the time, although he did liven up for Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Leon has been singing continuously at home for weeks. Who knew he would be our happy little singer? He started out nervous, but was soon singing the songs with gusto. The catch? He couldn't stop fidgeting while he sang. He actually spent a good portion of the concert with his shirt pulled up over his face blinding the entire audience with his fluorescent white belly and chest. However, this was an improvement over the beginning of the concert where the teachers had to repeatedly ask him to get his hands out of his pants. People did seem to be entertained by him, though!

No comments: