Sunday, July 3, 2011

Girls' Day

Friday was girls' day, and Ree, Natalia, and I took off for a day o' fun.  The morning started with a play date with one of Ree's friends.  The girls were very excited to see each other, although I'm not sure they exactly knew what to do when they were finally together.  They tried playing inside, but the girl's little brother kept destroying everything they did.  For Ree, I think this felt a little too much like being at home.  So we headed outside.  The little girl was excited to show Ree her chickens (they have four), although Ree really wasn't sure what to do with them.  So Ree went to swing while her friend chased chickens.  Still, when it was time to leave, the girls couldn't stop hugging each other. 

Our next stop was Panera, one of the places Ree has approved for us to eat at on girls' days.  (Olive Garden is the other one.)  I've finally figured out a plan so that she can eat all of her favorite foods.  She wants the squeezable yogurt from the kid's meals, but she doesn't actually like the kid's meals because they all have sandwiches and she doesn't eat bread.  So I ate the sandwich from her kid's meal.  Meanwhile she got a bowl of soup, and I ate the chips that came with it.  With a lot of food swapping, everyone was happy.  And, of course, we shared a cookie for dessert.  Ree was so cute.  I had eaten a chunk of it, and I told her she could have the rest.  (The cookies there are massive.)  She looked and it and finally told me it was too much and asked me to break off a piece of it.  She knows her limits.

The last stop of the day was the pediatrician's office for Natalia's four-month-checkup.  (We were running pretty late on that.)  For whatever reason, Ree LOVES any excuse to go to the doctor.  I think it's the combination of videos in the waiting room, lots of books to read, and plenty of time for a parent to read to her.  Natalia remains a "sturdy" little girl.  At 23.5 inches long, she was only in the 7th percentile for length.  But she was 14 pounds, 4 ounces, placing her in the 37th percentile for weight.  Short and wide!

No comments: