Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Out and About

Since I last wrote:

  • I had a day in which my only accomplishment was putting on deodorant. At 3:00 in the afternoon.
  • I met a mom with twin five-month-olds and a four-year-old in the parking lot of Kohl's. It took her over 10 minutes to get her kids in the car after shopping. While she was loading her offspring, we chatted. She reassured me it does get better. She added, and I quote, "You still won't have time for a shower," but she did reiterate that it will get better.
  • In attempted to detemine why I don't have time to shower, I worked on quantifying how I spend my time. I didn't know if I should be disturbed or impressed by the number of hours a day that are devoted to feeding various members of the family. I think I'll post the numbers separately.
  • Because of the hour spent devoted to feeding various members of the family, I decided to give up breastfeeding. Except for pumping at work. But the boys sensed it and then nursed better than they ever had. So I decided I loved breastfeeding. And then my milk supply went down. And I decided I was sick of it again. We are now at a standstill.
  • Based on the above, I realized that now is not the time for me to make major life decisions. Or any decisions. At all.
  • On Monday the whole family went out to lunch for Jeff's birthday. Jeff pointed out that it was the first whole-family outing since October. We were overdue. We had lunch at Moe's. The boys slept the whole time. It was successful.
  • It took us 4 hours to get ready for that lunch which lasted 45 minutes. Lunch would've been even shorter if R hadn't been sucked into watching the TV's at Moe's.
  • R and I picked up fried chicken for dinner for Jeff's birthday. When we pulled into the parking lot, she started saying, "No, no, no!" We were at Church's Chicken. She thought we were going to church. She was heartbroken. She also insists that we pray any time all three of us sold-food eaters converge at the table. Where did this child come from? And, yes, I will take her to church soon. How can I say no to a child who is sad you are getting fried chicken instead of going to church?
  • On Tuesday I went to Wal-Mart by myself with the boys. (Disclaimer: Five people + two dogs = expensive. We will support the evil empire at least for now) . It was the first time I had taken them anywhere truly in public by myself. Other excursions had been limited to doctor's appointments and a trip to a La Leche League meeting on Saturday in which I fell back in love with breastfeeding. The trip was actually successful.
  • I did learn that getting newborn twins out of the car in the pouring rain is not fun or easy.
  • The rest of the trip was rather fun and easy.
  • We finally sent out the last of our Christmas cards today. Not even a month late. We rock!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Is Repo a "more radio!" church girl? because she fits that profile, in my mind.