Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkins

Normally, I love fall. I love all four seasons, and I love the change of seasons. But this year, I haven't been very excited about fall. I think I still want to squeeze in more summer!

That hasn't stopped us from doing fall activities, though. One of our favorites is our annual pumpkin painting. I'm not quite sure how it came to be, but for the past few years in lieu of carving a pumpkin, the kids have each painted their own little pumpkin. They even have a favorite pumpkin patch they like to go to, and they know to look for the "pie pumpkins." 

Over fall break we went to Stone Mountain near Atlanta, and they had pumpkins painted like all kinds of characters - Star Wars, Frozen, and lots and lots of Minions. Leon must have been inspired, because as we were planning our painting this year he said, "I'm going to take it up a notch. Each year I've just painted a design, but this year I'm going to paint a face."

After buying out most of the craft paint at Walmart, the kids spent last Sunday afternoon engaged in some serious pumpkin painting. The pumpkins turned out cute, even if they weren't quite as fancy as the ones at Stone Mountain. 

Oh, and we managed to get a beach trip in this Sunday. I realized it was the first time I felt sand between my toes since we had friends visit in mid-September. It was wonderful. And now I'm almost ready for fall...



No comments: