Monday, March 17, 2014

Tooth

When Ree got home from school today, she said, "Hey, Mom!" and then showed me her latest loose tooth. I commented appropriately, but I didn't think much of it. That child can wiggle a loose tooth for a long time. When she lost her first tooth last year, she worked on it for a good 5 or 6 weeks before it came out. Jeff is horrified by this, but I wiggled all my teeth until they just fell out, so I've campaigned for the right for her to do the same.

So imagine my surprise when she bopped into the kitchen while I was cooking dinner and announced, "Mom! I pulled out my tooth!" First order of business was stopping the bleeding, which just seemed to annoy her. Second order of business was figuring out if she is really brave, she has a really high pain threshold, or if she just really, really wanted money from the Tooth Fairy.

No comments: