Monday, December 21, 2009

Shrinking

This post is not about the kiddos.  Sorry.  So if you want to hear about their latest hijinks, you can stop reading.  This is all about me, me, me.  And the fact that when I got on the scale this morning I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Yippee!  Do I look remotely like I did before incubating not one, but two, itty-bitty people in my belly?  Um, no.  But I'm still thrilled.  After all, THE SCALE DOESN'T LIE!

So what do I have to thank for this turn of events?  I'd like to say healthy eating, regular exercise, and plenty of rest.  But that's so not the truth.  The last year has been spent eating every chance I get, which has pretty much been limited to at my desk at work.  I am pretty sure my coworkers are all but ready to report me to Overeaters Anonymous.  Or fear I may be bulimic.  Because since I started working here, I have pretty much consumed food nonstop as I went from being pregnant with twins to nursing them. And I am still back to my skinny jeans (those would be the ones purchased AFTER the first pregnancy.  And that are super low-rise.).

But therein lies the secret of my weight loss.  Nurse.  Twins.  That's it.  Have a high-needs baby attached at the breast for a year and try to take care of two babies at once.  Weight.  Gone.

You would think that this dramatic turn of events would make me want to be all healthy for the next couple of weeks.  To revel in it.  But no.  I won't exactly go on a weeklong holiday bender (oh, how I miss those days!  The drinking and carousing, the time with friends and family, the ability to recover from it all!), but I will be enjoying things.  My in-laws are coming in for Christmas which means fabulous cooking.  It also means enough adults in the house that I will have time to bake.  And I cannot wait to make cookies.  And eat them.  And now that Leon is actually somewhat sleeping (oops, didn't mean to slip in something about the kids!), I might actually be able to enjoy A BEER.

Sweat pants sound like a great idea for January.

No comments: